NEW - Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions - SAMHI Chemically Speaking Two (2 hr Brief Intervention).
This course costs $75 on the Udemy.com platform, however people may receive a 40% ($45 cost) if they purchase the course through AAIC.
This program is an introduction and an ideal platform for the comprehensive Dual Diagnosis 2 day (12 hour) advanced SAMHI (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions) Training designed for front line workers that will be released during 2018. This is outlined below.
This program will help you develop the skills to deliver brief and early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. This is part of our wider Community Development Response to ICE & Other Drugs as explained on our other website here;
Chemically Speaking Two is the 2017 upgrade to the original Chemically Speaking produced in 1999 and now provides training in:
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
- Integrative Holistic Model
- Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
- Grief Cycle & Anger
- Drink & Drug Driving
- Cycle of Addiction:
- Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine)
- Optimal Health
- Stages of Change
- Costs vs Benefits – doing a brief intervention.
- Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe.